The FOP (1) is located in what was once the protective earthworks created to protect the original Magazine built by the French in 1782. In (3&4) one can get an appreciation of its extent. It’s remarkable to see what appear to be grape shot carefully place in the centre of the room in (4).
(2) shows the Association’s Magazine located in the village and which is under 24 hr surveillance. (1) also shows the matching up of the camouflage patterns being applied to the original paint pattern long since faded.
East Fort’s Forward Observation Post
A nation that turns its back on its heritage, ignoring the lessons and experiences of the past, good or bad, undermines the foundations of its future.